Sunday, July 20, 2008

Our Weekend: St. Pete, The Police, and Kisses

I could just leave it at that and let everyone wonder exactly what we did this weekend!! Once I explain, it probably won't sound so exciting anymore :-)

This weekend we decided to go to St. Pete Beach. It is located on the West coast close to Tampa. The water is calmer and there are no cars on the beach so I don't have to worry about Luke Michael darting in front of a car. We got to the beach around 4PM Friday and found a decent hotel that actually had a beach side room. We checked in and then went to play mini-golf. After golf we went back to the hotel for dinner at the Spinner restaurant - a revolving restaurant at the top of the hotel with a beautiful view of the coast and the intra-coastal. L.D. and Luke Michael went back to the room immediately after dinner because Luke Michael was making it pretty clear he had had enough sitting in a confined high-chair. Alex, Samantha, and I stayed and ordered dessert (Snicker's Pie, Chocolate Seduction Cake, and Heath Bar Pie). When we finally got back to the room L.D. asked if we passed the police on the way down. My reaction - huh? Turns out Luke Michael got to the phone in the room and pushed that pretty red button that says - EMERGENCY. Well the button worked, and shortly after that the police were barging into the room. L.D. was a little shocked and then worried because he didn't have his driver's license on him. The police never even asked for his i.d. - L.D. simply explained that Luke Michael had been playing with the phone and that was good enough for them!! So that was Luke Michael's first encounter (and hopefully last) with the police :-) Other than that, the weekend was very relaxing and enjoyable.

And the kisses you ask? Simply this - Luke Michael has learned to give kisses complete with the smooching noise! He will give kisses to me and L.D., but when Alex asks for a kiss, Luke Michael always goes to his time-out spot instead. Guess he would rather put himself in time-out than give Alex a kiss!!!


Love to all,
Tamara

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! First comment lol. It was fun down at St. Pete's. Mom, you forgot to mention that we went down to see Ft. Desoto too! It was pretty cool! =]

I know you all are jealous of me eating my CHOCOLATE SEDUCTION cake...lol.

Miss Hope said...

Darn it, Mrs. Kahne got the first comment!!!

Sounds like a nice weekend. The wedding I was in last May was on Indian Rocks Beach which I think is just a little north of St. Pete. It's certainly different from the beaches (specifically NSB) on the east coast.

Thanks for sharing! Love you.

Anonymous said...

I seem to remember Alex met the police when he was very young too! You have very rebellious boys! Sounds like a fun weekend

Anonymous said...

Well, I won't comment of the police incident since Alina has already said what I was thinking. I would like to be in on the kisses though. I'd also like to see Luke Michael marching to his time out corner, although I don't like to think of him having to be there. Guess he finds it unmanly to be kissing Bubba. How about Samantha, does she get LMK (Luke Michael Kisses)?
Love you all

Anonymous said...

Some might argue that the meeting of police has nothing to do with the rebelious nature of my boys and everything to do with my parenting skills :-)