Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Trip to the Zoo


Today the weather almost felt like Fall in Florida (high 80's vs. high 90's), so we decided to take a trip to the local zoo. The local zoo leaves a lot to be desired, but I figured Luke Michael would get a kick out of it anyway. Turns out that today they were celebrating the coquí frog (a teenie tiny itty bitty frog from Puerto Rico), so the zoo was actually busy.

Luke Michael was not impressed. He was terrified of the snakes and was more impressed with the balls located in the leopard's cage than the leopard itself. I think the highlight for him was petting the goat.

As you can see, the trip at least wore him out!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad at least one of you children is leary of snakes. I think that is a good thing, especially here in Florida where it could be a coral snake or a pygmy rattler.

Miss Hope said...

High five to Luke Michael for not liking snakes! Looks like he's had a haircut since the "dictionary" post. Aren't blogs great...little details like that I wouldn't have the opportunity to notice otherwise!

Anonymous said...

No haircut. Just very sweaty so it's all matted down!

Anonymous said...

Snakes happen to be very cool and I find it pitiful that Luke Michael is afraid of them.

SHUN!!! (lol)